Red Canyon River Trips, of Cody, Wyoming, takes pride in having the most experienced whitewater river rafting guides on the Shoshone River. With 40 years of history on the Shoshone, our professional whitewater river guides are dedicated to offering a quality adventure full of fun and excitement, always with your safety as their priority. Sharing their knowledge and expertise about the river and the surrounding Cody area is an important part of all our trips. Because of its professional reputation Red Canyon River Trips was hired by Walt Disney to aid in the production of the movie “Meet the Deedles” which was released in the spring of 1998.
Cody Country is rich in history and our boatmen take pleasure in sharing it with you. You’ll travel through time, back to the days of mountain men, Native Americans and outlaws.
We at Red Canyon River Trips take pride in our honesty and integrity. When we say that you will have a whitewater experience of a set distance, that is exactly what we give you. We believe that you should get every foot of whitewater you pay for … no exceptions! Unfortunately this is not always the case with all river float companies. We feel that it is important for companies to provide you with the exact mileage you will be traveling. We at Red Canyon have accurate maps available for you to check before choosing your river route. Please feel free to stop in and compare or just say “Howdy.”
Unequaled by other outfitters, the success of your trip is due to the excellent staff who are truly interested in making your visit a safe and pleasant one. Thanks again for floating with us.
Getting ready for your Cody, Wyoming Whitewater Rafting trip!
- What to Wear: We suggest sunglasses and sunscreen, a t-shirt, shorts, and shoes that can get wet.
- Can’t Swim?: We take non-swimmers. All occupants are required to wear U.S. Coast Guard approved life vests.
- Children: We welcome children on all trips. This is a family experience. However, age limits may vary with different water levels.
- Weather Conditions: We provide foul weather gear if needed.
- Reservations: We do require reservations to insure your seat.
To insure the quality of your whitewater rafting trip we provide:
- Round trip transportation to and from the river
- Rain jackets and pants
- Rooms to change in
- Coast Guard approved Life Jackets